While we are waiting for temperatures to cool down for the fall season, here's a way to satisfy that pumpkin craving and bare this Indian summer heat.
- 3 frozen bananas, peeled and very ripe/spotted
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- COOKIE DOUGH //
- Combine all dry ingredients (except "wet", bananas, pumpkin, and maple syrup), in a high speed blender/Vitamix/ food processor until well combined. This texture will resemble a very fine flour.
- Add maple syrup and almond butter to this fine flour mixture and combine until a dough texture has been achieved.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes or until hardened.
- Roll about 1 teaspoon of the cookie dough in the palm of your hands creating bite sized balls.
- Lay these cookie dough balls on a baking sheet or flat surface and put back into the freezer to set (at least 20 minutes).
- PUMPKIN ICE NOCREAM //
- Combine the only two ingredients for the ice cream- pumpkin and frozen bananas- into the Vitamix/high speed blender until thick and creamy.
- Add the cookie dough balls you've made (that were in the freezer), into this pumpkin ice cream mix.
- Stir until the cookie dough balls have become spread out throughout the pumpkin ice cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Top with additional pumpkin seeds and a dash of cinnamon.
almond milk optional to thin out to your desired consistency.